Log in if you have an account
Dont have an account? Register
- Classic Karate Book
- by Mas Oyama
- World's greatest karate master
- Sparring and Breaking
- Great read
Mas Oyama's Classic Karate Description
It's a classic, with over 750,000 copies sold! The world's greatest karate master, and the founder of modern day karate, Mas Oyama, reveals his philosophy and technique for practicing one of the world's greatest martial arts. With more than 1,300 photos that break down each movement and exercise, the Master describes every important aspect of karate. It all begins with the basic elements and leads up through set combinations, sparring, and even Tameshiwari, the art of breaking wood and other materials with your fist. From hand to foot, there's a technique to build strength, control, precision, and agility. Try various fists, handswords, foot and upper body work, preparations for the roundhouse block, 16 different stances, numerous defensive moves, and Katas, karate's set and levelled combinations that must be practiced to perfection. Everything the budding black belt needs is right here.
'On the Back' of Mas Oyama's Classic Karate
The world's greatest Karate Master reveals his philosophy and techniques for practicing one of the world's greatest martial arts!
Over 1,300 photos break down each movement and exercise, and Mas Oyama himself describes every important aspect of karate - from the basic elements up through set combinations and sparring.
There's a technique to build up strength, control, precision, and agility for every part of your body...
- Make different types of fists and hand-swords.
- Try out preliminary exercises for the wrists, Achilles tendons, knees, and hips; get preparations for the roundhouse block and lunge kick; and perfect 16 different stances.
- Master defensive moves and vary the fundamental techniques - lunges, thrusts, blocks, and fighting blows - by altering your position.
- Become expert at Kata, karate's set combinations.
- Get ready to do free sparring, or Kumite, with five preparatory stances.
- Sharpen your combat skills.
- Train yourself with discipline, focus, and force needed to do Tameshiwari, the art of breaking wood and other material's with your fist.
Advice on everyday techniques for fitness, special training exercises, and competition karate will help you reach your pinnacle of strength!
Shipping Mas Oyama's Classic Karate
Europe: 2-3 working days
USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand: 3-4 working days
All other destinations: 4-7 working days.
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Mas Oyama's Classic Karate