Looking after your Samurai Sword or Katana is super important. Without proper regular maintenance, the blade will rust even in the scabbard on the wall. Cleaning and maintained every couple of months or so will keep you blade in perfect condition. It will also need to be done every time someone touches the blade as the oils in the skin will corrode the metal. If left too long the damage will be irreversible. Many people sword owner love the process of cleaning their sword, it's a time to chill out and be in touch with your Katana.
This is a traditional Japanese Sword Cleaning Kit , so you can maintain your sword the way they have always been maintained. Anyone who owns a Katana needs to have one of these. Included in the wooden box is:
- Mekugi-nuki or Brass Awl and Hammer - to remove the wooden / bamboo pins in the hilt. (Only do this if you are confident with what you’re doing)
- Uchiko ball or Powder Ball – for applying powder to the ball
- Sword oil spray bottle – For applying oil easily to the blade
- Cotton Cleaning cloth
- Replacement Wooden pegs
This is very brief set of instructions so it might be worth doing a bit more research before you do it for real.
- Use the rice paper to remove any previous oil
- Tap Powder along the length of the blade
- Rub the powder lightly to polish the blade
- Add a few drops of oil along each side of the blade
- Use more rice paper to evenly distribute the oil
- Sword Oil Spray Bottle
- Oiling cloth
- Powder ball for blade polishing
- Brass awl and hammer
If you have any further questions on this, please contact us at our shop to discuss your best choice, call (0117) 9425832 or email [email protected]
We have a few different options for posting your items at Enso Martial Arts Shop. Prices vary depending on the overall order, weight, size etc. The checkout page will automatically workout the possible options for you.
We can send your item(s) in the following ways:
Courier Tracked and Insured - Order before 1pm, we can pack and post the same day to be with you the next working day, this is not a weekend service. It is fully tracked and we will send you the tracking number when we process your order.
Hermes - In our experience an extremely slow service, we cannot guarantee it will arrive. It isn’t insured or tracked. If you want this pitiful service and your parcel thrown into a random hedge near your house, if you're lucky, just to save about £2 the go for us. Good luck
UPS Worldwide - For anywhere outside the UK, we can post the same day but delivery times are dependent on the destination. Approximate delivery times are as follows:
* Europe: 2-3 working days
* USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand: 3-4 working days
* All other destinations: 4-7 working days.