|Country of Origin
|Number of Pages
Spiritual Dimensions of the Martial Arts Description
This text presents a study of the meditative and religious elements that form the core of the great martial arts traditions.
'On the Back' of Spiritual Dimensions of the Martial Arts
Spiritual Dimensions of the Martial Arts is a study of the meditative and religious elements that form the core of the great martial arts traditions. Unsurpassed in scope and detall, the book covers the spiritual beliefs and the practices of the fighting arts of India, China, Korea, Japan, Indone-sia, the Philippines, Thailand, Brazil, and the United States.
Subjects discussed include:
* Bruce Lee's unique views on spirituality and meditation
* rituals used to induce altered states of consciousness in Indonesian Pencak-Silat
* the unusual relationship of Korea's Hwarang warriors to Mahayana Buddhism
* the importance of Buddhist ritual in Muay Thai
* the role of African mystic beliefs and Christianity in the practice of Capoeira
* spiritual practices in the Filipino martial arts
* the significance of Zen and esoteric Buddhism to the Samurai
* the relationship of Indian martial arts to Yoga
* the impact of Daoist concepts on the Chinese martial arts
* psychological development and martial arts training
Dr. Michael Maliszewski, noted researcher and martial artist, spent over ten years researching, traveling, and training with the world's top martial arts masters to gather the data for this book. Certain to be a classic in its field, this book is unparalleled in its exhaustive study of the spiritual aspects of fighting arts around the world.
Shipping Spiritual Dimensions of the Martial Arts
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Spiritual Dimensions of the Martial Arts by Michael Maliszewski, Ph.D.