Eight Brocades Seated Chi Kung Description
'On the back' of Eight Brocades Seated Chi Kung
Taoist Health and Longevity Exercises
Eight Brocades (Pa Tuan Chin) is an ancient Chinese practice for health, meditation, longevity, and immortality.
Stuart Olson, longtime protégé of the famous master T.T. Liang and a highly respected translator, commentator, and practioner of Chinese internal arts, provides an extensive and clear explanation of basic Chinese philosophy necessary for the understanding of Taoist health exercises.
In this book, you will find:
- Complete translations of Ching dynasty Eight Brocades texts and their commentaries, along with the original illustrations, and short biographies of its reputed founders.
- Translations on the exercise regimes for Patting the Eight Subtle Meridians, Opening the Eight Subtle Ch' Cavities, and circulating ch' through the Lesser Heavenly Circuit.
- First-time English translation of Li Ching-yun's commentary on Eight Brocades, as well as a brief biography of this 250-year-old Taoist and a translation of his discourse The Way of Longevity.
- First-time English translation of Yin Shih Tzu's meditation and breathing methods for developing the spirit, breath, and body, Yin Shih Tzu was one of China's most famous contemporary authors and lay-practioners of meditation.
- An easy-to-follow section of the author demonstrating the daily practice of Eight Brocades with detailed instructions and photographs.
This is the most comprehensive and informative ch'i-kung book ever produced in English. Beginners and long-time practitioners can equally benefit from this superb work.
Shipping Eight Brocades Seated Chi Kung
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Eight Brocades Seated Ch'i-Kung by Stuart Alve Olson